Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Motherhood is not for wimps!

The youngest occupants of my household were formerly known as Boy 1 and Boy 2. Eh, it kinda stuck and I always seem to call them by their incorrect names-good thing I don't have more than two!
Now they are Monster 1 and Monster 2. Today was awful!! How awful, you ask? (Since inquiring minds want to know!) Horribly awful..
While Sean was napping I was laying down on my bed. Seth was playing with his cars on me. I was " Mommy Mountain". While playing this game I got smacked in the head twice witht the car. Damn, that hurt. Not his fault though. Sean slept only briefly and woke up with a God-awful smelling poopie diaper. It also appeared as if a tornado had just passed through his room. While I fed him his snack Seth made a horrible mess in his room.
Then I made the ridiculously stupid decision to spackle and paint a little in Seth's room. While I was spackling Seth stole my paintbrush and Sean took my screwdiver....Then while I was touching up with the paint Seth climbed up on hte table and stole the spackle which Sean then "painted" on the TV, coffee table, windows, oh and there were plenty of the chunks on the floor. Then he was trying to eat the stuff,too. While I was trying to clean that Sean was making body prints in the paint, destroying his nice outfit.
I threw them both in the bath.
Then all evening it seemed while I was cleaning up after one kid the other was trying to climb on the kitchen table or open the cat food bag or destroy something. I went into the bathroom for one whole minute and I hear screaming from the living room. Who knows what happened but there wasn't any blood, so it couldn't have been that bad...It was constant. Just when I think I've locked them out of the proper rooms and put everything hazardous out of reach they have found some new way to detroy something, or someone is sitting on the top edge of the couch or turning his sippy cup upside down to watch the juice drop, drop, drop out until there is a big ol' puddle.
Good God, these two will be the death of me.
They are super duper loving and huggy boys, and insanely happy, which is how they always redeem themselves after running me ragged. But I don't know how people have done it all of these years, since the beginning of time , without going a little nutty.
I need a vacation from these two. Eh, maybe simply a nice massage will do...

No comments: