Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt..

Sean is now sporting a lovely laceration on his L eyebrow.
While Seth and Sean were wrestling in the clean clothes somehow Sean's head smacked into the rocking chair in his room. So in a mere millisecond laughter become crying. I was rather unsure whether he needed a couple stiches, you would think I would be able to assess that adequately being a nurse and all, but I guess not. Anyway, I called my personal ask-a-nurse, my mom ( who is also on my speed dial as 1-800-icancook, 1-800-iknowkids, and 1-800-iknowstuff) who advised me to simply place a butterfly strip over it to hold the skin edges together since it wasn't very big. While I was on the phone Sean was happily destroying a birthday card on the table like nothing had ever happened. So I knew he wasn't going to be emotionally scarred for life.
I guess I was more afraid that his cute little face would be marred for life but I suppose his eyebrow will cover the scar.
Good God, I'm tired. I'd like to take one whole day to simply catch up on sleep. How long until I can retire?

No comments: