Monday, April 14, 2008

It that time of year again! Yard work, Dreyer style.

We ( All four of us) have been working hard fixing up the yard and our garden. No easy task with two little guys running around! David and I mostly take turns doing the work while the other chases the kids. Seth isn't too bad but Sean likes to run into the road, play in the neighbors yards, play in antpiles, splash in the birdbath, eat mulch, eat dirt, eat rocks, eat flowers, eat weeds...I'm seeing a pattern here.
Seth is content to play in the sandbox or with his bubbles. He even helps pick some weeds and pick up plant trimmings and put them in the garbage can. He tries.
Now I have a lovely garden of various herbs, a few veggies, and marigolds. My landscaping looks nice for once-minus the less that beautiful lawn but we can't really water it these days. Water shortage and all..

It's going to take some work to keep it looking nice and no task is simple with a 1 year old and a 3 year old hanging around. Isn't it funny that the two of them will follow Mother Hen (me) around the house all day but as soon as I open the door they will run in opposite directions away from me?

No comments: