Thursday, November 08, 2007

The amazing tale of Jennifer and the chiropractor

My neck has been so sore for three days now. Let me tell you that it is a pain in the butt(or neck, ha ha) to back out of a parking spot with a stiff neck. My body doesn't twist enough to compensate for the loss of movement in my neck, I assure you.
David scheduled an appointment for me to see the chiropractor. He figured that I needed to be adjusted a little.
At the office I was sent to sit in a tiny room with a little stool in one corner, a table with some equipment in the another and in the center was an odd, mechanical table that was turned up on end. Quite an intimidating table I have to admit. The Dr. came in and asked me to stand while he checked my neck and back and then had me step onto ( into?) the table face forward while he lowered the table into a horizontal postion. He then told me a girl was going to come put some therapy on me.
First, she put a four little stickers on my upper back and hooked it to the TENS unit. Kinda looked like she was setting up to do an EKG on my back if you ask me.
Then she turned the thing on creating this odd, slightly annoying tingling sensation all around my shoulders and upper back. I really found it irritating to be honest. I was glad when it was through. She then put all of this conduction gel on my upper back and did an ultrasound which felt very nice. Like a cool massage. Then she got out this industrial strength massager that she ran over my entire body. I really liked that.
The next part was where the Dr. came in and cracked my neck and back. I didn't like that so much. A bit scary and a little painful. He sure talked an awful lot, I was afraid he wouldn't be paying enough attention and paralyze me or something. Or break my neck, even.
Then he massaged my neck a little.
All that must have done the trick because I have to say that I feel so much better. My muscles feel much looser and even though I still have some achiness left it's not nearly as much as it was.
ahhhhh...I love a happy ending!

Oh did I mention I got a new stove? This week hasn't been all bad I suppose. :)

No comments: