Monday, April 16, 2007

My faith is waning..

Afetr Hurricane Charley hit us in 2004 I stopped praying because I was mad at God. How could he do this to us while we were expecting our first child ? How could he do this knowing we had just bought our house and now it's ruined? I tried to everything right and be a good person and many people in the world are cruel and crooked and they live wonderful lives. How is that fair?
I am thankful that David's faith is so strong and he has encouraged me to pray again. So I did during my pregnancy with Sean. But now David hasn't any work and we are in a horribly pathetic financial situation since I haven't started back at work yet. His work has been excellent for years, then all of the sudden the work completely dries up in a matter of months? And we can't get our tax return since we can't afford the fee to pay the accountant, so we can't even have that to help us out. David's ( ex) best friend is jerking him around and my bank account is -$300. I have had to borrow money from my mom for food and gas, but how will we survive the next few weeks?
Is this a test, God? And if so, why? What have I done so wrong? I don't think I deserve this.

1 comment:

Geekette said...

Honestly, Mike and I are kind of in the same situation. Its very frustrating, and sometimes I get angry at God for what happens. It's a good thing he's a forgiving God because otherwise I'd be in trouble. It's normal to loose or have waining faith. We're only human. I try to remind myself in the times when I'm very angry to pray. We can't know what God has in store for us, as much as it would help its just not possible. I will be praying that a great door is opened for David. Also for you. Letting go is the biggest step one can take. Let go and Let God. Its very very hard and sometimes I find myself holding on to something that if I just let be I know God will fix. A door will open at some point, I just know it will. Take care hun.