Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas and all that jazz..

It was an unseasonably warm and humid day. I must admit I was feeling quite miserable and blah on Christmas, who wouldn't when it's stormy and hot outside. Gross. Christmas in Florida is horrible, even more so when you are pregnant and the temperature feels extremely warm inside and outside and it feels soo good to wander into a walk in freezer. Actually it's been years since I wandered into a walk in freezer but these days I just wish I had one I could hang out in sometimes. One day I hope and pray I will get enough nerve to move away from this horrible state and live somewhere with real seasons. Yes, my friend, Florida is a joke. Why do I live here you ask? I was born here and all of my family lives in this town so it's a bit difficult to break away. I'm not like all the other looneys here that chose to move here. ( David being one of them , but family issues were involved)
Anyway we first ended up my grandma's house where David, Seth and I ate breakfast and opened lots of gifts. My Dad, sis, bro-in-law, brother, neice, and of course, Heather ( Sean's g-friend) were all there. David and I were rather tired so we weren't too festive. We had a nice time I suppose. Oh, my mom was there as well. All in all it was a bit boring.
Afterwards we went to David's mom's house where we had a boring time as well and then i took David home and visited at mom's for a bit.
Maybe it's because of my pregnancy and my general winter blahs that I have been experiencing that created such a dull Christmas. I was actually glad when it was all over with.
David got me a Scooba though and I was very pleased with this. It is a robotic floor cleaning device and I couldn't have gotten it at a better time. I simply cannot get down and scrub the floors these days and it does excellent work. Seth got alot of toys and books, of course.

December 27 was my 30 week OB appt. Of course, everything was normal. I had only gained 1 lb since my last appt. two weeks ago and for that I was thrilled!! I'm glad I am not gaining as rapidly as I was before. Baby is kicking and stretching all the time. Sometimes it can get quite painful when those little body parts are stretching into my ribs. Lately my appetite has dropped to almost nothing! I eat simply because I have to more than for hunger, I have to sleep with two pillows because my heartburn and stomach bothers me when I lie down. I am also very slow and my endurance continues to be very poor. My feet hurt alot and my back still aches.
I think I am beginning some depression though and I am going to start my Zoloft at the new year.
I've been feeling very irritable and sad. I've been feeling very sorry for myself and I need to calm down and cheer up! I hate feeling so down. I really wish i didn't feel like I have an on going battle with mental illness. How I wish I could be normal. Damned genetics!!! Why is it that anxiety and depression are so prevalent in my blood line. Is poor Seth doomed to a life of antidepressants?? I guess only the future will show. I just hope he has an easier time than I have had.

1 comment:

Geekette said...

Jennie, I'm so sorry you've had such a rough go. This time of year can bring that out more than others. Either extreme highs or extreme lows. I've been there, so has my mom. I'd love to tell you it gets better but I can't as I dont live your life. All I know is that you're not alone. There is help and thats what matters. I hope the New Year brings you much joy and happiness. Only 10 more weeks til that little bundle is here and a whole new world of possibilities. :) Take care hun and hugs! - Crissa