Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The wonders of Lexapro

Aside from this crappy cold I have had lately I have been feeling really good. Physically and mentally. I just am not sure if I have improved those areas of my life that were bugging me or is it because I upped my dosage of my antidepressant medication. Even my coworker commented to me that I have changed. He stated " You used to be so angry" And I wholeheartedly agree. I was more than happy to participate in any whine-fest anywhere, anytime. Now I would prefer not to. Whine-fests bring me down and I don't want to hear it. I don't feel as grumpy toward my husband either. Actually I feel more loving toward him than I have in a while. Is it the Lexapro? I don't know ,but I certainly can't complain.
I have a cold right now that is a pain in my butt. I think that the worst is over ,but I feel so run down and blah. Everytime I try to lie down for a while Seth grabs the blanket off of me and says, "Come!" I can't stay in one place for too long with him around. He's just as cute as can be!
My sister's baby shower was Sunday and she made out pretty well. I can't believe that in a little less than a month that my little sis will have a baby! I am so excited! I cannot wait to hold the little baby in my arms. They don't know the gender so I am hoping for a boy but I have a feeling that it's a girl. I also am hoping that it is born on June 8. The due date is June 6 but the 8th is my birthday and also Jason's (her husband) birthday. He is exactly one year younger than me. Anyway i think that would be so cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Lucas Sneed and i would like to show you my personal experience with Lexapro.

I am 39 years old. Have been on Lexapro for 3 years now. Went through a phase in life where I lost my job and was under-employed for a couple of years. Had descended to an all time low in self-loathing. Doc intially placed me on Welbutrine, which made me un-motived and essentially a disinterested by-stander in the story that is my life. Switched me over to 10mg dose of Lexapro, which has never increased. I now have a job I love (OK, like) and do not worry about the future. I continue to take Lexapro, as I said I am not as easy going if I miss several doses. My wife can tell when I am off of it, as little things will drive me nuts: barking dogs, annoying habits of others, other drivers, belligerent children...the usual list of suspects. My mother's side of the family is full of passionate, emotional rage machines, so it is a genetic thing or I am a product of the environment in which I spent my formative years. When I am on it I am calm cool and in control. Have notfound it to be physically addictive nor experienced any side effects.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Uneven temperment, lack of patience if I skip several doses.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Lucas Sneed